How Does Chiropractic Provide Low Back Pain Treatment?
Low back aches usually start as a mild annoyance but often morph into chronic unbearable pain.
Up to 70% of people in industrialized countries will suffer from low back pain at some point in their lives.
The truth is, popping an Advil does nothing to fix your back pain – it only reduces symptoms temporarily. Fortunately, chiropractic offers a drug-free and non-invasive low back pain treatment. Here’s how it works.
What Causes Low Back Pain?
Most cases of back pain aren’t caused by a sudden injury but a combination of poor posture, age, and weak core muscles.
As you age, your body produces less collagen to support cartilage and add cushioning to your delicate vertebrae. Meanwhile, poor posture or sitting behind a desk disrupts your body’s natural biomechanics. Certain back muscles become overworked while others weaken and atrophy.
Over time, these tiny injuries and pressure from poor posture accumulate in your spine. You’ll first notice a dull pain as nerves around your discs become irritated. Untreated, however, the dull ache will progress into sharp jolts or chronic intense pain.
When low back pain becomes unbearable, that’s typically a sign you’re suffering from a slipped, herniated, or damaged disc.
How Does Chiropractic Provide Comprehensive Low Back Pain Treatment in Albany?
All-natural chiropractic offers a wide range of solutions to combat your low back pain at its source without the need for surgery or prescription drugs:
- Gentle chiropractic adjustments: Personalized chiropractic adjustments help create a healthy environment for your spine to thrive while encouraging proper posture.
- Spinal decompression: Non-surgical decompression gently relieves built-up pressure between your delicate vertebrae so nutrients and oxygen can enter the damaged disc and encourage healing.
- Massage therapy: Custom massage helps relieve pressure in tense muscles and joints.
- Whole-body vibration: This unique treatment can build muscle tone and strengthen bones.
- Stretches and exercises: Mild home stretches and movements help you maintain posture and support long-term recovery.
Dr. David Wren has over 30 years of experience helping patients heal from all kinds of musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. That’s why the Albany community trusts Dr. Wren with their long-term health.
Don’t let back pain hold you back! Schedule an appointment at Dr. David Wren Chiropractic & Sports Injury Center in Albany by calling 229-883-0042.