Text Neck? How Chiropractic Treatment Can Help
More and more individuals are struggling with pain and dysfunction brought on by text neck. Although it may sound funny, text neck is no laughing matter.
This thoroughly modern ailment is brought on by sitting in a hunched-over position for long periods of time—as when you’re using a mobile device to play games, search the internet, and text.
Symptoms of Text Neck
The symptoms of this condition can be mild or severe. They can include:
- Shoulder pain and tightness
- Chronic upper back pain
- Severe muscles spasms in back and shoulders
- Neurological symptoms affecting arms and hands
Of course, there are other symptoms that can be caused by this unnatural neck positioning, and long-term, untreated text neck can lead to arthritis in the cervical spine and vertebral deterioration.
Preventing Text Neck
It’s unrealistic to recommend getting rid of your mobile device—almost everyone has one. But there are things you can do to minimize the impact on your neck and spine.
- Take frequent breaks from your device, even laptops and computers. Getting up every 20-30 minutes and stretching is a good start.
- Make sure your desktop screen is positioned ergonomically. It should be at eye level so your neck stays in line with your shoulders and back.
- Keep your mobile device at eye level when possible. Instead of bending your neck to view the device, bring the device in front of your face.
When You Need Neck Pain Treatment
If you are already suffering from text neck, you’ll want to visit a trained chiropractor to help realign the curves of your neck and spine to their natural position.
The Dr. David Wren Chiropractic & Sports Injury Center is a great place to take control of your posture and correct your text neck.
Dr. Wren has extensive experience in treating injuries and providing rehabilitation that provides relief and recovery. If you want neck pain treatment without the use of drugs or surgery, Dr. Wren can lay out possible options to help you feel better.
Not only is Dr. Wren licensed by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and the Georgia State Board of Examiners, but also National Board of Certified Chiropractic Sports Physicians.
With a “no wait” policy in his office, you’ll be seen right away, and the sooner your treatment begins, the sooner you’ll feel back to normal.